SEO: an effective way to optimize your visibility on the internet
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) corresponds to the optimization of websites for search engines, such as Google, the global specialist. Thus, SEO allows a company to gain visibility when searching for information on a search engine. This technique is a real development strategy for a company.
What is SEO: explanations
During a search on Google, the user arrives directly on the results pages (SERPs: “Search Engine Result Page”). SERPs correspond to a list of sites that can be found following a request in a search engine. The ranking of these results pages is done via the search engines.
A SERP always looks the same:
- Paid ad: Ad corresponding to paid referencing called SEA referencing (Search Engine Advertising). This helps to gain visibility and quality traffic.
- Natural ad: Ad corresponding to free SEO and says SEO. A natural ad appears based on a user’s search terms.
How to optimize your site via natural referencing?
The three most efficient bases for optimizing the visibility of your website and gaining a position on search engines via natural referencing are: the technique, the semantics (the content of the pages) and the popularity of the website.
It is important to take the time to build an SEO optimized site. For this, web designers have a wide range of techniques, for example:
- Responsive Web Design (RWD): A design that automatically resizes to the resolution of a device (mobile phone, tablet, computer, etc.)
- Fast loading time: Ideally less than 4 seconds to load a site.
- Have a thoughtful tree structure: The tree structure is the breadcrumb trail of your site. Working on the structure of your pages allows you to organize the content and promote links between the different categories and pages of the website, that is to say the internal networking. A good tree structure invites “GoogleBot” robots and visitors to navigate the site with agility, thus creating more traffic.
Semantics are the content of your website.
Google’s artificial intelligence makes it possible, through its robots, to identify and structure all the components of the pages via criteria. Thus, practices and tools adapted to its logics will lead to a better positioning in research. Here are a few examples:
- Use Google-Friendly Keywords: Using search terms from internet users will help your business show that you are in line with user demand. Thus, the content of the page will be more relevant and the page will rank better in the search results. However, it is important to keep in mind that the popularity of keywords is constantly evolving, which requires frequent adaptation of your content.
- Have unique content compared to other websites or even your own site: thus, you must limit the duplication of content so that your URL is indexed or even downgraded by Google. In any case, the rate of duplication of a URL must not exceed 15% (source: Siteliner).
- Respect the markup of a site: The markup corresponds to all the titles of the content. The h1 tag (“heading 1”) is the first level title that can only be put once in a URL and the h2 to h6 tags are sub-level titles corresponding to the sub-parts. In order to achieve good SEO, a tag must be strategically created by playing with the relevant keywords. However, once the URL is selected and opened, the tags should of course also contribute to the attractiveness of the content itself.
The popularity of a website is mainly assessed through its inbound links both by their number and by their quality. Inbound links or backlinks are hypertext links that point to a site.
A Netlinking strategy is therefore necessary.
These links constitute relevance criteria for Google to position a site in its search results. So, to have a quality natural referencing, here are some tips:
- Have links on the same theme: the link must be on a page relating to the same subject as yours.
- Have a high trust flow: a link from a trusted site will naturally be better referenced.
The SEO optimization techniques exposed, for a good positioning on search engines, are not the only ones, other practices are also accessible such as analysis and optimization of behavioral signals (click rate, bounce rate , average duration of sessions, etc.). This analysis is carried out through the use of complementary levers such as: communication on social networks , writing blogs, e-mailing campaigns, a mobile application, the opinions and comments of Internet users and the various exchanges. posted on the web.
Targeted SEO optimization helps generate qualified traffic through good search engine positioning. It will lead you to gain notoriety with a target of Internet users interested in your business and their loyalty.